Today's inquiry is: What am I going to eat? Let me start by saying that I'm a former CARNIVORE. I don't use that term lightly. I ate meat at every meal as of Saturday. Cold chicken. Warm chicken. Leftover hamburger. "Goulosh" --my dad's fancy name mixing all the leftovers together, reheating it and presenting it as something new (usually filled with a strong representation of every farm animal imaginable). MEAT! All day every day!!
But, good news. I told my family about my new lifestyle and two of my sisters are joining me in solidarity.
So, without time to research too much today, I ate Chipotle with sofritas for the first time. It felt like I was eating meat, so no issue there.
But, as an avid meal prepper, I am beginning to think about what I can make and have last for several days. I want to continue to pay attention to my macros, keeping my carbs below 150g.
My Forks Over Knives: The Cookbook showed up today, so I am excited to look through it and see what I can find.
Let's not forget the added concern that I take blood thinner, so I have to be cognizant of vitamin K.
Suggestions are welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Protein Probs
I need more protein sources!! That's the long and short of it. I'm only getting about 160 grams a day, which is significantly lower ...
-
I need more protein sources!! That's the long and short of it. I'm only getting about 160 grams a day, which is significantly lower ...
-
Today's inquiry is: What am I going to eat? Let me start by saying that I'm a former CARNIVORE. I don't use that term lightly. I...
-
Welcome to my blog! I suppose I should make it clear that I'm not blogging for the public despite using a very public forum. I'm blo...

No comments:
Post a Comment